Granite Tiles Help Needed

Hello all

I'm going to be laying some granite floor tiles in my hallway this weekend ontop of some old tiles and some concrete and have a few questions:

  1. I have been told I need a wet cutter for granite, can anyone recommend a decent cheapish one? the tile size is 30.5x30.5.x1cm. I will be using it more than once as I have a utility room and kitchen to do also so it'll probably be more cost effective to buy one

  1. I plan to lay some self levelling compound ontop of a smallish area of the floor where it is un-even. How long will I need to wait before I can tile on top of this, 24hrs?

  2. Should I PVA the old tiles/concrete beforehand and leave overnight and if so how many parts water to PVA should I use?

  1. Can anyone recommend a type of adhesive to use for granite or will any normal tile adhesive do the job?

  2. The old tiles are laid directly ontop of the ground, should I put down a DPC of some kind maybe a paint over the old tiles? I know the correct way to do this is to remove all the old tiles, lay a DPC and then concrete/Screed but that would be a hellish job and I have had just about 1 to many hellish jobs lately :)

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Richard

Reply to