Grand Designs C4 9pm

Grand Designs is probably worth recording tonight, it's the one with the water tower where they built a lower living area hidden behind a berm to meet planning restrictions that required it to be hidden from the road.

They're revisiting it after 6 years so hopefully they will have some rooms in the tower.

I say record of course as there will be 50mins of rehash followed by 10 interesting minutes of what they done since the last prog.

Enjoy . . . . .

Reply to
fred

Oh, I remember that one.

The one on Monday was good - the one with the arch with grass on it.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Sadly it's not the one I thought, it's an ugly concrete number rather than the tall brick one with the huge steel tank on top.

Reply to
fred

Sadly, yes. As I also discovered! But quite interesting all the same.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Anyone remember which was the one where a couple built a sort of conical shaped (IIRC) building in woods somewhere (in Wales?) using wood from the woods themselves - I think theguy was managing the woodland. As I recall it was all curves & no corners inside, on 2 levels, quite rustic but homely.

There's a fsck-off great torrent (c. 50GB) of GDs somewhere on t'interwebs and I was thinking I'd like to have a look at that one again.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Do you mean Ben Needham and his hobbit house. That's on almost every month, it's Kevins fav.

Reply to
Ericp

Do keep up, harry. This was all mentioned last night.

Reply to
Bob Eager

With all that going off at half c*ck I wonder if there were ever any kids?

Reply to
fred

Ericp laid this down on his screen :

My favourite too.

When it was started, I thought looking at the guy, it had to end in absolute disaster, but they never end in disaster do they?

It turned out rather well.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Sometimes they do. The guy converting the barge was an utter cockup.

Reply to
Huge

I must have missed that one.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Apologies for linking to the Daily Bile;

Huge

te:

comments.

-- Halmyre

Reply to
Halmyre

ISTR something more slender and elegant but maybe I'm mis-remembering.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Someone should write a redirecting daily maul disclaimer page ye could link through, together with a anonymising proxy so ya don't leave evidence of the visit and taint ya machine. Be also good to quote a dailymaul URL in newsgroups so we don't give excuses to the americans that the UK is also overrun by rednecks.

Ah, someone was on that...

then this (unsurprisingly) happened

Adrian C

Sounds interesting, but I find Mr Needhams stuff eminently watchable. He seems to have attained his version of a perfect life. Very rare these days.

The other sounds interesting if anybody could point the way to it?

Reply to
Ericp

Er .... [fx: gears creaking within brain] Ben Needham?

?!

Reply to
John Stumbles

Sorry, a brainfart. I meant Ben law.

I will destroy myself in a diy manner tomorrow. Please keep the cheers down and wifey would appreciate a cut of the ticket sales.

PS I think I found the other programme under "Hexagon House".

Reply to
Ericp

That is my favourite. A true craftsman - and what a grafter.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That one ended-up on the market ... that's got to hurt.

Andy Burns