Glueing polycarbonate to aluminium

A friend in France needs to glue 2 items together to hold them in their relative positions until they're bolted on to his motorbike. I have no real details, just that it can't be done with clamps etc.

He doesn't want to risk damaging the polycarbonate with an unsuitable adhesive, so any suggestions please for something that could be got easily from B&Q or similar - his wife is in town on Wednesday and can take it back.

Looks as if Araldite or acrylic will do it but I don't know how 'correct' the Araldite has to be. I have some here that I could pass on.

Reply to
PeterC

No. Araldite is not effective at gluing polycarbonate

Hot glue might work..

Or an acrylic sticks like shit stuff might as well.

Hard to say without more detail.

Like whether its to come apart later on..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Or cyanoacrylate (superglue). Or silicone adhesives.

polygonum

Not usually successful with metal

Or silicone adhesives.

better..

The Natural Philosopher

I thought double sided tape is what is normally used to hold stuff for temporary fixes.

Reply to
dennis

I've very little information - as I said, this is in France and the people trying to do the job don't know much about such things (if, however, you want the aircon repairing and recharging on your private train...). I get the impression that it's a bond simply to hold the 2 parts whie the rest of the job is done, but unlikely that the parts will need to be, er, parted. I'll take some superglue, epoxy and possibly DS tape in with me and suggest that they're tried on an offcut.

Reply to
PeterC

If it is just holding together until bolted ... then superglue is probably best

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I hope so - I'll give her 3 bottles of superglue (damn, another 75p down the drain!) to take back and we'll see what happens.

Reply to
PeterC