Gas oven, fascia temperature

After complaints to the manufacturer about the front fascia panel and knobs getting far too hot (oven door closed), one of Cannon's own engineers has now tested my 3-month old cooker and found the front temperature measured well below the maximum allowed, according to BS EN60/335/216 Section 11.101.
He showed me his printed sheet with all the max temperatures that engineers have to go by (vitreous enamel, metal & paint, glass & ceramic, plastic). 'Vitreous enamel' is max 90c including ambient temp in room of 25c. After 30 mins at Mk5 (200c), he read "an average of 53c", - one spot showed 68c.
With the max allowed of 90c, my reading at 53c may sound relatively cool but it's not - you practically burn your hands and fingers if you touch the fascia (and plastic knobs) for more than a few seconds - and that's why I contacted them in the first place.
How those (HSE?) people that set the maximum temperatures arrive at 90c for vitreous enamel, beats me. If the cooker was on at Mk 5 for half an hour or more in any public showroom, I bet there'd be a few 'very hot and not-to-touch' warnings around.
(Btw, other than the above, I've no complaints about the cooker - it's lovely)

Central heating rads could be near 80C - which is why they have to be enclosed in nurseries etc but not otherwise

You don't Have to touch the radiator, but you have to touch the oven handle and knobs!
Surely this makes a difference!?

Sorry I misread the original post: I thought you were just referring to the temperature of the oven door not the handle
Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
Sparks wrote:

knobs and very hot ignition button - I may not have made that too clear. Both the oven door, and oven handle - there's a gap of nearly 4cm between the oven handle and drop-down glass door- I've not found to be a problem, and one expects the glass door to be very hot when the oven's well on, and you don't touch it.
I think I'll try and find the relevant BS pages and possibly write to them.
Sparks wrote:

I would expect RoSPA to be able to advise you.
Joe Lee