Gas Meter Going Backwards ( slightly OT)

Not if the meter has been changed... (not suggesting that in this case, but highlighting there may be legitimate cases where a lower reading is ok)

Reply to
John Rumm

But in that case you would have a final reading for old meter and two readings for the new meter so you wouldn't have a reading followed by a lower one for the same meter .

-- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B

No, but the system still needs to cope with the lower reading for the same account.

Reply to
John Rumm

Presumably the human input would be needed to sort it. Just checked my own account and EDF have cancelled the 2 wrong ( low) readings and entered the correct readings and the balance has been reduced to the proper figure

-- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B

Not really, as this will happen when the meter trips over back to 00000 again!

Reply to
Toby

Can you not watch it while the boiler or cooker are running? Does it go backwards as you sit and watch the digits or wheels? Maybe it only behaves like this under certain conditions (lkow flows for example).

it would be useful for you to know...

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

readings

previous

But easy to handle in the billing system and still stop/flag up most other backward going readings.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

replying to Stuart B, DMaul wrote: Yes it is possible for the index on a gas meter to turn backwards. If you could tell me what style of meter it is I may be able to offer some suggestions as to the cause & ways of rectification for the honest gas fitter.

Reply to
DMaul

I'm tempted to suggest as time sometimes goes backwards on the homeshower shower mess that posts here, I'm not surprised if gas meters do as well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

replying to DMaul, Bob wrote: I expect he's probably sorted it out in the eight years since he posted. Did you not look at the date?

Reply to
Bob

Use a sane portal to news:uk.d-i-y, eg google groups, not that barmy website.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes I may have been a little obtuse in my reply, but the same sentiments applied. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff