Gas Central heating

Like what?

I have. If she insists on having silly rads and doing away with a superior system, athat can also cool and provide fresh air as well, then try the Aplha CD 50 combi. I said that in the first post.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

A friend of mine faced a similar decision but instead chose to have a new hot air boiler installed. Today's hot air boilers are a big improvement on the 60's originals, more economical to run and much quieter too. They have been very happy with it and the whole package cost considerably less than a new system.

riccip

Reply to
riccip

Presumably the teachers, then, given your dismal command of language?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I suggest you price up his recommendations to the OP. Or do you also live on planet John?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The senility has really set in. Now read this slowly. I T C A N B E F I T T E D O U T S I D E

Big letters for you too.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I've read the advert. 863 quids. Any advance on the cost of providing hot water?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What are you referring to? There seems to be no context.

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

That's a good old codger. That is a start.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Thank you , not too much help or answer to my query , just much confusion Regards E

Reply to
Leveled

He said that to keep the exiting superior system is better. You want a combi recommendation as you have made your made up. You had a combi recommendation.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Just an alternative suggestion. Perhaps your daughter hasn't considered updating her existing system?

riccip

Reply to
riccip

A "hot air boiler", wonderful concept! Maybe our local CH troll can explain it.

Reply to
usenet

I wonder if he can.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Seems perfectly clear to me. Just general context.

Observe and you will see.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Ah - is this John, Adam, IMM, and Drivel morphing again?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Exactly the same thing for a friend of mine too. They decided the disruption/mess of fitting pipework for new conventional system was not on. It would have not looked nice either. The lost space that would've been taken by rads was also a factor.

The new modern hot-air heater is very good but not cheap. Then only a few months later the separate hot water heater packed up and had to be replaced ...

Reply to
OldBill

Yes, they can stick furniture anywhere. The sytem warms a cold room almost intantly compared to rads and in the summer can blow cool, clean air. Unfortunately not practical unless the house was built for it but having seen my friend's heating in action I'd certainly think twice defore ditching such a system.

riccip

Reply to
riccip

Unless it has some form of cooler, it is restricted to ambient temperature, surely?

They're certainly fast to warm up, but since hot air rises likely to heat the wrong part of the house first?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I was about to make a comment to one of Red on Red's posts "Are you shilling for Drivel?". Looks like Red=Drivel now.

Reply to
Ed Sirett