Garden lighting

I'm thinking of putting low voltage garden lighting in my garden in a couple of months when I can afford it, but I'm thinking of installing the cable now. What outdoor electical cable should I use and transformer with in mind installing around 8 spot lights at 20 watts each. I've already installed plastic tubing around the garden (under patio etc)so at the moment I will be able to run the cable in now and terminate at a later date.

Reply to
paulwilks

various options, depending how its done. The wire needs to be:

- mechanically adequate

- rated for the current

- give small enough v drop

Now you get to decide whether to do it in 12v on one cable, 12v with each light on own cable, 24v, etc.

You could even use bell wire if you picked the right configuration and routing, so you se there is no one simple answer.

NT

Reply to
bigcat