Garage door seal

I'm going to install a seal at the bottom of the up-and-over garage door. Well, not really a *seal*, just something to keep the leaves out.

Looking around there seem to be brush types and rubber blade types at about the same price. Which one would you choose, and why?

FWIW the door is wooden with a steel frame, length nearly 5 metres, and the gap's 15-20mm. The concrete floor slopes down slightly towards the outside so the seal would be closing against an "uphill" slope.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Several years ago I fitted the blade type on 2 doors and they're still going strong (although the doors aren't used very often). My doors are metal so I also: stuck Celotex on the inside of the doors, stuck foam strip at the top of the door, and improved the sealing around the verticals.

Reply to
Biggles

I've gone for the rubber blade, as I wanted to stop water coming in. There is a strip drain outside the door, but it can get overloaded in unusually heavy rain and the the garage can then flood. Not had enough rain to test it since fitting though.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I bought some uPVC trim from Wickes, closed the door, sat the trim against the bottom of the door so it closed the gap exactly, then screwed it in place. Drop of silicon for aesthetics. Sorted.

Reply to
Huge

I got this

from the same supplier about five years ago. It has been very satisfactory. One tube of adhesive was sufficient for two doors so I still have a tube spare.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Thanks but that doesn't quite have the depth for my gap. I think I'll go with the rubber blade.

Reply to
Mike Barnes