Free Labourer offered!

Hi all,

I am currently studying for NVQ 2/3 domestic gas installation and maintenance. im 30 years old and was recently made redundant from the steel works after only 2 years service. i would like to offer my time and effort to any gas fitter/corgi Reg'd heating engineer in the rotherham/sheffield area.

i am interested in all aspects of gas work. full new systems to annual service to breakdown. variety is the key.

it will NOT cost you a penny and you get a free labourer for up to 16 weeks (4 weeks placement 2 in classroom 4 weeks placement etc) all i ask of you is to impart your knowledge to a trainee and help me into a very rewarding career.

please reply if interested to the stated email addy removing the [cut the spam]

many thanks gav

Reply to
Gav

Gav"

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

So why are you posting on here? Why not go and see some local companies. I certainly wouldn't take any notice of such a message, it only shows you can't be bothered. You sound like another one that wants everything done for them. Go and call on a few people you might get further, it does involve effort on your part. If you can't manage that then you will not last 5 minutes working. Seen it all before with students.

Reply to
Ian

What a prick you are. The guy is offering to work for free for up to 16 weeks and you say he can't be bothered! Would you work for free? I suspect there isn't a "free" bone in your body as evidenced by your whinging criticism of a someone that at least is trying to better himself. Why weren't you offering him encouragement and positive advice instead of being a sarcastic prat.

Reply to
MrBlueSkye

Gav"

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

"Ian" wrote in news:ZdKOf.73328$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-win.ntli.net:

What a nasty little git you are !

Help the guy out - encourage him !

He's probably working harder than you have ever done.

If you can't post something useful, keep your trap firmly shut.

Reply to
TerryW

thankyou mrblueskye!

i didn't mention the fact that i am ALready on placement but as the kind gas fitter and i have agreed, he doesnt do the full range of work that is required for the qualification i am studying, so it is best for me to move on to another member of the trade. i have done the local company search but unfortunatley most cant help and some are like ian and probably dont want new entrants into the trade or are so thick that they cant understand the efforts some people will and need to go to to provide for thier family's needs. i Work 35 hours a week PLUS 40 on my studies plus work weekends in another job, sometimes 13 hours saturday and sunday. dont tell me about commitment to bloody work.

cant be bothered? when the hell would i get time to be bothered? over

100 hours of my week is actually when i am bothered. then i have jobs to write up so that i can get my evidence in to the assesors. oh and i forgot my partner works too so that means i have to take care of my daughter and find time to watch kids programs and learn her the type of things that most dads have time to do MOST of the time.

AND to top it off i have funded my training myself, bought all my tools myself and can still smile!

PLUS i am a 30 year old (mature?) student!

i hope one day ian you require the services of a gas fitter!, call me! please and i will treat you in the manner you treat me and most likely others, i will offer you for whatever problem you may be experiencing a profound

FUCK OFF!

Reply to
Gav

Thanks terry, see my post i was writing at the time of your posting

Reply to
Gav

Hear, hear. The guy is obviously trying to get on in life and deserves encouragement & support. Just sorry I can't help myself, but good luck to you mate.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thankyou!!

just goes to show that there are people who have a grasp on reality!

Reply to
Gav

The message from TerryW contains these words:

Quite so. And as for not trying - one of my nephews is a chef at La Gavroche - a job he got after emailing Albert Roux saying "Gissa job".

Reply to
Guy King

Have you considered the marketing or advertising profession, you seem to be a natural. :-)

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Curiously it's *le* Gavroche (unusual since usually words ending in 'e' in French are feminine).

Nice place, I've been there several times. Very good service - they even have a sommelier (or whatever the equivalent would be) for the different kinds of water).

Excellent food as well - tell him he's doing a good job.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Giz a Job : Bernard Hill aka Yosser Hughes. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from Andy Hall contains these words:

He does the fish.

Reply to
Guy King

In article , Gav writes

Good luck with your endeavours and would you please come back and tell us how you get on?

Reply to
Mr X

I never have; they want fully qualified people. Anyway, give some credit for showing initiative. I suggest the OP also try the Screwfix forums. Some councils also have employability initiatives and it might be possible to get a placement with them.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I see. I can remember eating turbot there one time. Pretty good as I recall.

Reply to
Andy Hall