Floor loadings for decking

I've now had someone design (properly - and for free!) the deck I mentioned in an earlier thread. They've calculated that it'll support

53psf (I assume this is lbs per square foot) but most other posts in this group mention kN/m2.

I found this conversion on the net after much searching - 1kN/m2 =

20.885 lb/ft2 - and would just like some confirmation that it's true, and therefore my deck would seem to meet the usual floor loading requirements.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim Nicholson

These any help to you Tim ?

BigWallop

is superb - exactly what I was looking for (but couldn't find myself - doh!)

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim Nicholson

Again google is your friend. Just type "1 pound per square foot in kilonewtons per square metre" and see what happens.

Reply to
Graeme

If they are still working in psf and not SI units then I would check everything very carefully....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall