Flexible waterproof coating for wood?

Project emergency shower is nearing completion The only thing I'm not happy with is the floor. Our "occasional" shower cubicle is in a living area W/C with sink so the Khars(sp) engineered wood floor has never been subjected to water as such and the UFH typically keeps things dry. Now the shower cubicle is nearly ready for full-time use to enable us to "shut down" the main bathroom for re-fit I'm worried about the floor getting too wet (based on how wet the normal bathroom floor gets) So... was wondering whether there was something that could be coated over the wood floor (mat varnish finished boards) that would give them a bit of extra water protection, seal the joints between boards and remain "flexible" to cope with expansion etc. Or would it be easier to simply fit rubber-backed bathroom carpet stuff ?

Cheers Pete

--

place to buy WaterRowers on-line with extras..

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk