Fixing to tile clad house?

How would I fix a security light to a timber frame tile clad house?

Obviously there is no brick to drill or fix in to.

I can't drill through the tiles and fix on to the timber behind because this would risk loosening the tiles and, possibly, would compromise the timber. Wouldn't it?

Reply to
Gareth

Remove the tiles and fabricate a bracket to screw into the battens. The bracket can emerge through the horizontal gap between courses of tiles.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

All the tiles are nailed on tile cladding. Best way make a brakit out of metal and hook it over the head of the tile above.

Reply to
Kipper at sea

Not really. Don't use hammer action obviously :-)

You just need to find where the battens are & go straight through the tile or tiles into that. Bit of silicone around screw head.

I fitted a 6 metre awning to a tile hung house once using pretty much that technique.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman