Fixing metal to plastic

A practice forbidden at my local tip ;-)

-- Adrian C

Reply to
Adrian C

Obviously, one of the 9 previous tenants for which I am still getting post.

One of the things that the agent has so far done wrong was to deny that there were previous tenants. But all the evidence suggests otherwise.

tim

Reply to
tim(yet another new home)

The message from Adrian C contains these words:

Mine too, formally. Informally if you're friendly and helpful formality can be left behind.

Reply to
Guy King

Don't they put down traps for weasels though?

Reply to
Andy Hall

OK.

Now the bigger picture helps and the dilemma is clear.

How long are you planning to stay there? That would determine whether perhaps you want to make a bodge (which clearly you can deny as long as it's not visually obvious); or whether you want to make a proper repair, sourcing the correct spares and doing it properly. A sticking job isn't going to be long lived. OTOH, if you are planning to stay for a year or two, perhaps it's worth doing a proper job....

Reply to
Andy Hall

The message from Andy Hall contains these words:

Only for wild ones. Us semi-domesticated sort get away with murder.

Reply to
Guy King

Therein is problem 1 I don't know, it depends upon the job. I freelance, and my position is uncertain. I am unlikey to get a different job in this locality if the current one ends.

Problem 2 is, I hate the idea of being ripped off by the company that supplies the spares (this task has been subcontracted by the manufacturer). Having to spend 100 quid on a bundle of parts and throwing four-fifths away irks. I don't really hold much hope in randomly finding the right part at the tip.

tim

Reply to
tim(yet another new home)