Fixing a flue in place

The flue from my fanned boiler has to go horizontally for about 1200mm before emerging through an external wall to the outside world. At the moment it is only supported at its two ends. It tends to rattle in sympathy with the fan, and makes a right old racket, which is beginning to drive me mad. I think that all it needs is to be properly fixed along its length, are there brackets available to do this? I just had a look on the websites of the usual suppliers of plumbing and DIY stuff to no avail. It's a 100mm flue by the way.

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

On 27 Nov 2004 13:11:03 -0800, martin snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Martin Pentreath) strung together this:

The 100mm flue on my Worcester boiler has some fairly heavy duty brackets with PVC\rubbery pads on the inside for it, not sure if they're available seperately or not. Alternatively, how about some

100mm metal soil pipe brackets? I know you can get these lined with PVC\rubber type stuff so will prevent the rattling.
Reply to
Lurch

Thanks Lurch, good idea.

Reply to