Fitting boilers bought before April 1st

I called corgi to find out what the situation would be regarding fitting a non sedbuk compliant boiler which was bought befor April

1st.I told him a corgi reg plumber would be fitting it. He assumed I was a diyer and told me, basical, that he had no information for me and that I had to contact the government.

Where do diyers or corgi reg plumbers stand if the boiler was bought before April 1st but installed after that date?

Reply to
nthng2snet

The law makes no provision for that, as far as I can find.

Basically, your choices would be to find a CORGI willing to take on the situation, or to install yourself and then go to the local authority and get it all normalised.

There could be other variants, but since the whole area is muddled with politics and crap, you won't find a definitive answer that is consistent across fitters and geography.

Basically your fitter threw up his hands in despair as well. A Marquis of Queensbury option with Prescott is going to be as accurate an answer as anything else I'm afraid.

You can attempt to find a clear legal path and will almost certainly fail, or you can find a pragmatic solution that will get you the right bits of paper if that's your objective.

The best solution is to figure out what your end goal is and then press the right buttons to achieve it.

Sorry to be cynical, but that's about the situation......

Reply to
Andy Hall

They need to either manage to comply with one of the get outs from using a condensing boiler or tell lies about the actual date of installation

Reply to
John

We should write a note to John Prescott, accusing him of posing as a somdomite ?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I was thinking for in terms of pugilism.

I wasn't aware of the other proclivities of the Marquis of Queensbury.

Perhaps I was thinking of the one from Sade instead.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Which reminds me, go to Google, and enter f****it to I'm Feeling Lucky. Truely remarkable...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Ok and thanks for the reply Andy H. I have spoken to someone else and ,according to them, if the quote has been written and agreed before April the first then they have 3 months to have it fitted. I have also heard from another source that "boilers( non compliant) are selling like hot cakes". The heating engineer had bought two.

Reply to
nthng2snet

LOL that's funny. Cheers.

Reply to
nthng2snet

I haven't found any official guideline on that, but it might exist.

More to the point, if the fitter is willing to sign it off on that basis and everybody is happy excluding officialdom, then there is not going to be an issue.

That's inevitable. The same will happen when tobacco is made an illegal drug.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Isn't it, though? ;-) Perhaps we have a Part-P Revengeseeker on the staff at Google; but more likely it's because of the popularity or otherwise high-ranking of the blog at thecep.org.uk, which links to that page on many of its page under the epithet in question.

Google's "reverse search", in this case asking it for "link:

", can help in illuminating what I think is still one of the main inputs to Google's page-ranking algorithm...

Reply to
Stefek Zaba