Fitting a shower

I would like to fit a shower but I have never needed to fit one so I could really use some help! and advice.

I've looked at a triton power shower, however I did read an article on DIY.UK which, said, that this type of shower, although does pump water. This is dependant on the supply of water, as to how effective it is.

I've been told I have pipes going through the attic from the water system which, I can feed of, I can then feed the pipes down the cavity which exists between the plaster board and the wall.

I am not sure where to get the power supply from. may be a light switch?

Am I limited with the type of shower i can get?

Is it a project a Novice DIY should embark on or give it up mate you got more chance of throwing snow balls to the moon?!?!

Any good advive is greatly appreciated.

Deano

Reply to
Dean Miller

I am not sure where to get the power supply from. may be a light

Err - No no no

Wait for the snow -throw your balls in the direction of a lower flying electrician.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Stockdale

I'm a bit worried you are considering putting in your own shower when you ask a question like this. I am not being rude, but this does indicate your knowledge level and I would guess it is not sufficient to install your own shower.

Yes - none that will run off a light switch

Not a novice DIY project, though not particularly hard if you have basic skills and understanding.

Replace 'spam' with 'org' to reply

Reply to
Kalico

Thanx Kalico, No my knowledge of DIY is not great, I would like to learn, however I do not want to be a DIY Disaster and end up making the house look like a battle ground.

Reply to
Dean Miller