Fire-checking a fanlight

I am creating a 30min (or better) fire check between a flat and the common landing outside. The door is relatively straightforward. With an appropriate door, achitrave and surounding strip it is fixable.

However, above the door there is a fixed glass fan-light. What are the options that should I replace to ordinary glass with. It doesn't have to be glass, since there's lots of light on either side.

Ideas?

Reply to
Timbrook99

I think wired or heat treated laminate glass is acceptable in the fire check department. As long as the glass doesn't shatter or blow out with the heat and spray all over people in the vicinity, then it should pass.

Reply to
BigWallop

'Superlux' or similar fibre cement board, or two layers 1/2" plasterboard and skim.

dg

Reply to
dg