Fire bulbs too red

I need some replacement orange bulbs for my electric 'coalfire'. I got English Electric Glowlight(?), but they are strawberry red. Are there any other around.

Reply to
Jim S

If red glass bulbs can't see any alternative to changing the bulbs. But what the heck the bulbs are only for effect! If the red bulbs have a painted on coating maybe scraping off some of it will allow enough 'yellow' incandescent light to mix with the red to give suitable effect? Just an idea anyway!

Reply to
terry

Craft shops often sell paint for glass. Quite how durable this would be on a hot surface I don't know, but it might be worth experimenting painting an ordinary clear bulb (40W or thereabouts, ISTR). .

Reply to
Frank Erskine

My old chap used to do lighting (c1960) for am-dram, for orange he dipped bulbs into chip batter. No, really :)

Reply to
brass monkey

For dimming, he used galvanised buckets filled with salt water at 240VAC. Dunking small spades in them (wooden handles admittedly), the deeper the brighter. I kid you not.

Reply to
brass monkey

just scrape it till you get what you want. Use a copper scourer, not steel

NT

Reply to
NT