Filler paint.

I have a rather rough patch of plaster, not a big area, but a compound curve so beyond me to replace and wondered if there was a suitable paint that would act as a filler and could be sanded down afterwards - rather like you do with car bodywork. I don't get on too well with fillers applied with a filling knife etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd use gyproc easi-fill. You need a filling knife, true, but it is easily sanded down later, you can make all the mistakes you want...

Galet

Use the knife to get some filler on there any old how, then faff about with it over the next hour or so using a sponge (the closed cell stuff is good because it doesn't absorb water). Maybe you have some pipe lagging left over? You could always pretend it was a car and use body filler. Works well enough but can get expensive :-)

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Try a variation on 'Swedish putty'.

Mix filler powder (plaster or Polyfilla)into slightly watered-down emulsion paint and brush on to wetted plaster. Build up in layers. It should work like an external high-build masonry paint.

Original Swedish putty was a stiff mix of oil based primer and plaster used as a wood filler paste but emulsion will be better on plaster.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Sounds exactly what I need - I'll give it a try.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)