Extended nipples

I recently bought a wall-mounted bath mixer. At the rear there's a 3/4" female thread into which fits a male-threaded tube which, after a dog-leg, reduces to 1/2" to take a tap-connector. On the wall side is a conical chromed escutcheon to neaten the tap-wall interface.
The problem is that with the escutcheons fitted, the end of the feed-nipples only just poke through the back of the wall (plasterboard + tiles), leaving no room for the tap-connector.
The interim solution was to make some longer 3/4" nipples by sawing off the tails of an old tap. But while protruding enough to allow the tap-connectors to be fitted, there's still not enough depth to fit the escutcheons.
The solution would be to get some nipples about 3" long but I can't find any. Does anyone know if they exist, and if so who does them?
I wish my walls were 3mm thick. Then there'd be no problem. I have thought of cutting away some plasterboard so as to efectively hang the tap only on the tile but that doesn't sound too good for the tile.
TIA,
TC.

Did you have good look around on the site? They do quite a selection of lengths. I happened to see 3" and 4" when I took a quick look. I think it's possible to get chromed extension pieces, I think for radiators, but I can't remember if they're available in 3/4" BSP.
I happened to come across them when I was looking to do a straight through the wall mounting for a bib cock a few weeks ago, until I happened to find a wall flange with brazed back pipe intended for the job.

and where did you find those?
-- John Stumbles -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ -+ What's afoot? Twelve inches, as a rule.
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:44:03 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@MJ.com wrote:

No problem sir. Go down the corridor, 3rd door on the right is alt.cheapthrills where you should find what you want.
Andrew

doing Screwfix bar showers. First advice, throw away the dog leg thingies. First time I didn't have much depth behind and used an end feed to BSP male adapter. Think I used a reducing adapter as someone else was paying but the reducing adapters are silly prices. At the time I wanted a parallel thread but can't see that in the catalogue so I assume I used a taper thread adapter. Don't recall this being a problem. Second time I used a compression to BSP parallel male and a separate reducer. All depends on how much room you have behind and the access to the pipes.
Alan
snipped-for-privacy@MJ.com wrote in message

Sadly, no. I can see that popping up in peoples search engines just to confuse them!! Also the website that had information regarding 'hardcore' of the building variety, and the rugby club website getting hits when people searched for 'hookers'.
Oh well...
<MJ> wrote| Am I the only one who came here in search of titillation | and was disappointed?
You really should try to keep abreast of the sorts of things discussed on this ng.
Owain