End of LV downlights?

I was in Homebase and "all" the LV lighting has been replaced by main versions. A whole lonnnng aisle was used. I have noticed that B&Q have more mains than LV and that LV lamps are now more expensive than mains. BTW, 35mm 20w LV lamp was 6 at B&Q and 4 at Homebase, the exact same make. Homebase a good for lighting.
I can see myself in 3 years time hunting down LV lamps that cost the earth, and then getting pissed off and having to replace with mains lamps and holders.

IMM wrote:

That's because they make more money out of mains bulb replacement. And their carppy LV transformers didn't work

No way. Just buy from reputable electrical factors, and buy decent LV stuff.