End of LV downlights?

I was in Homebase and "all" the LV lighting has been replaced by main versions. A whole lonnnng aisle was used. I have noticed that B&Q have more mains than LV and that LV lamps are now more expensive than mains. BTW,

35mm 20w LV lamp was £6 at B&Q and £4 at Homebase, the exact same make. Homebase a good for lighting.

I can see myself in 3 years time hunting down LV lamps that cost the earth, and then getting pissed off and having to replace with mains lamps and holders.

Reply to
IMM

That's because they make more money out of mains bulb replacement. And their carppy LV transformers didn't work

No way. Just buy from reputable electrical factors, and buy decent LV stuff.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher