Emulsion paint over eggshell

Hi any ideas with this one. Most of my house was painted with eggshell paint years ago by a proffessional decorator. I now want to decorate my self, I noticed when i tried a small area with a test pot of emulsion that it doesn't seem to stick. A friend advised me to apply a pva glue diluted with water to the walls before applying emulsion. I did this in the lounge, and it seemed to work but I then noticed the emulsion seems to bubble when applied,(second coat) and on drying the finish does not look that good. Should also say after the PVA dried I applied a diluted white emulsion first then 2 coats of the colour I wanted.

I also need to do the other rooms, and another friend thinks I should sand all the walls first..... its quite a big room and the thought of all the dust from sanding is putting me off..... is there any easier way I can do this and correct the first room

Thanks Tez

Reply to
tezzie