Electrocution in bath

Page 2 of 2

Ouch !!! One of the older showers with an earth bond to the hose attachment no doubt. I never trusted these things. The new instant showers are allowed to keep the outlet insulated from the hose, but the older ones were fitted with a bonded copper or brass ring within the thread of the outlet to try and keep this type of thing from happening. Obviously it doesn't.
What went worng?
I thought the shower head was not allowed to reach the water in the bath. Read any electric shower installation manual.
-- Adam
snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk

I thought it was the shower unit itself that shouldn't be fitted below the height of the bath rim. But I'm probably wrong. :-))

The shower head should not reach the water so prevent back siphoning. If the mains went to negative pressure dirty bath water would be sucked into the mains.

www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Yep.

Well - if I read the article correctly - the guy didn't take notice of a previous shock that he received. If that happened to me, you wouldn't catch me using it again.
Rod

For that reason, I'd say its Darwin Award time. Getting into an electric shower that has already shocked you... erm, no.
Regards, NT