Electric supply for mains shower pump (grohe wireless) under bath

I am installing one of these Grohe wireless shower pump/controllers under a bath. The house is entirely protected by an earth leakage trip (RCD) but I have a question about installation of cabling. I can bring the electric supply down from above inside a partition wall and join it to the Grohe cable. Do I join it with a junction box and bury it in the wall, use a waterproof junction box on the bathroom side, not bother with a junction box just join and have a cable patress or what? i.e. what is the correct way to install this/connect it up?

One other question is that the inlets are connected by copper/brass to existing pipework but do I need to bond the outlet copper/brass to the existing pipework or will all the pipework already be connected via the mains cable?

Thanks for your consideration

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

If the joint is under a bath that has a bath panel then the juction box need not be waterproof. Do not bury a juction box in the wall. The shower will require a double pole switched fused spur some where. I would consider the loft to be an acceptable place for this. The RCD needs to be rated at 30mA.

Have you already got supplementary bonding in the bathroom?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Thanks for your advice Adam, don't know what bonding there is, I am merely assuming that the existing supply is fully bonded. I guess that by bonding the outlet to the inlets that one way or another the pipework will be protected? Thanks Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Have a read of the following.

ARWadsworth