ELECTRIC SHOWER

Hi,

My sister has just 'phoned me saying that her electric shower would not switch off. By which I mean the water would not stop flowing. Neither switching the power button on the shower nor pulling the ceiling mounted switch worked, the only way they could stop it was turning the water of at the mains, (no stop-c*ck or isolation on shower supply pipe). Could anyone please tell me what the problem could be. Thanks.

Reply to
BORN TO BE MILD

It sounds like it's broken.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

The message from "BORN TO BE MILD" contains these words:

I'd take the handle off, put in a penny and put the handset back on. That'd take care of it for the time being - at least you'd be able to get some water back on.

In fact, it'd be probably better to put the penny in the top end of the hose, but there's a bigger chance of buggering up the shower by crossing the threads or straining the fittings.

The solenoid valve in the shower unit has got stuck. They're not hard to replace, and you should be able to get spares from

you're fixing it, fit a service valve!

Reply to
Guy King

Thank you, going over tomorrow to fit service valve(hooray what else would you do on a sunday). Leaving the rest to a pro.

Reply to
BORN TO BE MILD

The message from "BORN TO BE MILD" contains these words:

Fiting the spare is probably easier than fitting a service valve.

Reply to
Guy King