Ebay and wood flooring.

As I posted some time ago, I'm thoroughly confused about 'real' wood flooring. Prices in the sheds and local showrooms seem to vary wildly for what looks to be the same thing. So I thought I'd use Ebay.

Now if a particular flooring had a BIN of, say, 29.99 a square metre, that's what you'd expect to pay? Via PayPal, obviously.

But no. That price is for cash pound notes handed over to the delivery driver. Credit cards have a surcharge, as does a debit card. PayPal not accepted. Delivery charge excessive too. And they sell it by the box, not square metre.

Would you hand over cash to a delivery driver bringing you goods from a firm you didn't know - and with no chance of examining it all for damage?

So what I thought was going to cost approx 900 quid turns out to be nearer

1100 delivered and paid for by credit card.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

eBay rules mean you have to be able to pay by Paypa that has not surcharge for using a credit card.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

no surcharge to the customer, but the vendor has to apy.

Reply to
charles

On Wednesday 19 June 2013 16:23 Dave Plowman (News) wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Have you tried 1926 Flooring - I got all my Kahrs flooring from them. They have a good technical bloke too if you need to ask a question.

Price was pretty much as good as I could find for Kahrs. Depends if they have what you actually want..

Reply to
Tim Watts

Against ebay's T&Cs - dob them in!

Reply to
Lobster

+1, I bought Kahrs from them in 2004 and they were very helpful with advice on what was suitable and the delivery was both efficient and helpful.
Reply to
djc