Earlex steam cleaners

Hi - anyone have any comments on the quality/reliability of the Earlex range of products? I'm thinking of buying a steam wallpaper stripper, but see that they have some that have other tools for steam cleaning a variety of things.

Thanks

JIP

Reply to
John Price

I have had one of the box type steam wallpaper strippers for well over

20 years, two halves clipped together. Definitely built to last.
Reply to
Newshound

Its basically a boxy kettle, so not much to go wrong!

Reply to
John Rumm

Must have sold a lot of them boxy steamers about 20 odd years ago snap! Still going strong alomg wth 10 year old + Earlex workshop vac, without accessory socket, motor needed cleared out once after filter failure, not quiet but effective.

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

I have had a wickes wet'n'dry vac for a few years that is an Earlex. Annoyingly it failed last year when the nut holding the impellor came loose and without airflow the motor fried itself. Luckily they are just up the road at Guildford, but won't sell the motor in its own, so that meant £30 for a complete new top section with the motor pre-installed. It does what I ask of it (provided you buy the optional car-type air filter), sucks up anything and in blow mode it is handy for drying out pipework once the motor warms up.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew