exactly how are these used ?....

AndyW

Phil

In article , AndyW writes

smaller size pipe, easy really.

Now what was the dumb question?

Reply to
fred

I've used reducing sets in the past - but I'm sure they had more parts than this one appears to have. ISTR that, in the ones I used, you still had an olive on the 15mm pipe, and the 22mm bit was in 2 parts which squeezed together and crimped the olive onto the pipe when you did the nut up.

I can't see how this one holds the 15mm pipe - or maybe it *does* compress in the region of what looks like a dummy 22mm olive?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Not sure when you'd use these, but I have used identical (but smaller) fittings to mate 10mm microbore up to a standard 15mm TRV. I have to admit that I couldn't figure out how they should be fitted, but they do literally slide over the small pipe (dry) in place of an olive, and then you nip up the retaining collar on the larger connector. I was surprised it worked, but it did!

David

Reply to
Lobster

These reducing sets are one piece. The part is quite thin in the middle and will work much like an olive. The big advantage is that a one piece reducing set stays in one piece! whereas a three piece set becomes scattered. To over come this I put a small cable tie around the three parts to keep them together.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

what makes it a dumb question is you included links without stating what you were referring to.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You're kidding?

Even I followed it perfectly clearly!

Reply to
EricP

Thanks everybody.

yeah, it does crimp down tight on 15mm copper, though I chickened out of trying Hep20 plastic. I was sold a few in a large bag of other stuff when I asked for "22 to 15 mm reducers", expecting the compression couplers...

-A-

Reply to
AndyW

Obviously the content of the links! How simple do you need it?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

ditto to that one

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

Are you unware of the widespread existence of dialup? Dialup users wont waste 2 minutes downloading on a post that cant even bother to write the sentence out. The same occurs when posts are replied to offline. So

2 sets of people wont be responding.

NT

Reply to
meow2222