Dry Wall Painting

Hi,

I've got my partition wall up, drywall plasterboard. how should i "treat" this before painting it, I'm not getting it plastered as I have jointed it with compund.

Am I right in thinking I should use some PVA mixed with water to seal it. I may be using a textured finish on the other side of the wall before painting, so is PVA the job for that too?

Tom

Reply to
Thomarse

No treatment at all required really.

The first coat of anything that goes on will soak in something horrid. So you either use thinned PVA, or crap trade emulsion or indeed a thinned coat of emulsion to allow for that.

I tend to the latter, as at least the sealer is approximateley the same color :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher