Drill plaster mixers

thanks! I fancied one of them and that will save a few squid! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

They're really good for burning out cheap drills, but you can probably buy those there too...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Yup you need a powerful bugger to drive those. My Wickes/Kress high torque,

85nm, three gear jobby works a treat, but you have to hang on to it. Cheap drill wouldn't last 5 mins.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That so? my cheapo 850w JCB drill from argos 2 years ago is still running...yes I bought it just for the plastering whisk mixer.

Reply to
George

You need a drill with a gearbox. Plaster wisk needs low speed high torque, and if you try and do this with just an electronic speed control, there's not enough airflow through the drill for the power it's consuming, with the inevitable result that it will overheat quite quickly. You would probably get away with doing a small bucket of finish coat even so, but mixing large buckets of scratch coat would be a different story.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

message

I do know it was the incorrect type of drill for this purpose but to lay out for an expensive drill just for doing plastering mixing was totally unecessary and the £14 drill has surpassed the heavy work and is still usable as a normal drill.

Builders bucket 3/4 full mix each time Usage... Dry wall adhesive Bonding plaster Multi finish Cement

And yes it was electronic speed drill although I didn't feel it was overheating in my hand.

Reply to
George