Down, Dirty and Cheap Chimney

Hi all

With the ridiculous situation re: gas/electric costs, how much would it cost to construct a chimney/flue for a wood burning stove? Presumably the cheapest option is just a flue clipped to the wall and out through the roof? Also, what height does this flue have to reach relative to roof/eaves level? I have a single storey kitchen extension - would the flue outlet have to be above the apex or eaves of the rest of the (2 storey) house? Finally, any websites on doing this and incorporating a heat exchanger to use the flue heat for whole house or hot water heating? I am not seriously considering this, just curious at the moment. If I had a free source of logs, then it might move up the priority list.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster