Dolphin "Special Care" Bathrooms ...

These people target the Elderly and Infirm with offers of over-priced bathrooms, and then seem only to give them bad advice and poor service.

Here is an example of their behaviour:

anyone else have similar experience with these people?

Reply to
Cenfus

I'm sorry for your experience - but you should have come here first rather than after the event. If you would have asked the question 'should I use Dolphin?' I think the answer would have been a fairly resounding no.

Reply to
Tony Hogarty

Yes, research is vital.

But one swallow doesn't make a summer and your parents' experience might not be typical.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Valid point Tony, but it is very useful for the group to be able to learn at other's expense in this way. I feel that this is part of the reason for the OPs site. It took me the best part of a year to refurb my bathroom, having not done much plumbing for about 10 years, but looking at evidence like this makes the effort worthwhile. Also, having seen pictures, it is more likely that the infamy (sp) of the supplier will stick!

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

No, save that Dolphin and Moben are all part of the same group which has a horrendous reputation. A few years back my mother asked Dolphin to give a quote for a shower. She told the guy to cut the sales pitch, this was what she wanted and how much would it be. In the end AIUI she almost had to throw him out.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

"Tony Hogarty" wrote | I'm sorry for your experience - but you should have come | here first rather than after the event. If you would | have asked the question 'should I use Dolphin?' I | think the answer would have been a fairly resounding no.

And are they any worse than Premier Bathrooms, whose easy-access bath proved not so easy to egress when the lock broke

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Assuming that you are the referenced URL's author I caution you to change the logo 'of a well-known company' that appears at the URL (nice site by the way!)

- you're unlikely to be an authorised user and "they" might be able to 'get' you. You should change the logo to something _obviously_ not that of the 'well known company" -I believe the technical term is 'defaced'. ... an upside-down aquatic mammal perhaps?

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

That's the way to do it!

Mary