DIY takes to long get Someone in to do it.

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "cuppycake" saying something like:

Sometimes, it's a pig.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I know you would not be happy, but what would you charge to wipe Cuppycake's arse as s/he can obviously do f*** all :)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I don't think I'd go anywhere near the arse of someone called Cuppycake :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oy! I was going to say that!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh, clever!

Reply to
Mary Fisher

They make my hair curl.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

There's always watching the telly - so I've heard.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You will, Mary, you will.

;)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Do you know who said that first and about whom?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Who said what first about whom?

David

Reply to
Lobster

The message from Lobster contains these words:

It was Oscar Wilde, wasn't it?

Reply to
Guy King

"You will, xxx, you will"

The answer is James McNeill Whistler (of painting his mother fame) to his friend Oscar Wilde after the latter had remarked that he wished that he had made some particularly witty remark.

Whistler wasn't exactly the most savoury of characters either. He successfully sued John Ruskin for his published review of one of his paintings (something about throwing a pot of paint in the public's face) but won damages of a farthing.

He also made great merriment and mocked Wilde after he announced that he batted for the other side.

All three were interesting characters. John Ruskin, of course, wrote the immortal words that everybody should live by:

?It is unwise to pay too much ? but it is unwise to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money that is all. When you pay too little you sometimes lose everything because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing you bought it to do.

The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot ? it can?t be done.

If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oscar was the object of the comment - see other post.

Reply to
Andy Hall

The message from Andy Hall contains these words:

Ah, yes, you are of course right.

Reply to
Guy King

Yes, that's why I said it :)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Or playing for Lancashire as it is known in some parts.

Reply to
Matt