DIY sort of - toner refilling

Does anyone know the correct position on a Samsung ML2550DA toner cartridge to put a hole in to empty the waste toner overflow?

I have one that is nearing end of its refilling life otherwise and I would prefer to hit the right spot first time. The cartridge includes the drum mechanism and so is rather expensive to replace.

Reply to
Martin Brown

No details as such, but I've found this comany good (except not doing refills for my Kyocera!) and you might just be able to get the info.

PeterC

Don't know, but there is a new original cartridge on ebay for =A325, so tha= t would be an alternative

andrew

would be an alternative

Thanks for the heads up. I would not have thought of looking there.

Even with delivery it is competitive with the refill price. So bought!

With a new spare in hand I can risk wrecking this one with a full waste tank by dismantling it. Daylight on the photodrum will do it no good...

Reply to
Martin Brown

would be an alternative

Thanks very much indeed for this - an absolute bargain! I now have that cartridge here and it is working perfectly.

I would still like to know where to drill/melt a hole into the old multiply refilled unit to empty the waste toner receptacle though. Seems a shame to junk an otherwise working complex unit.

I can guess that it is somewhere on the side opposite to the electrical contacts from the muck and rubbish left on the drum. I guess I will have to take the old one apart since it is unusable now.

Reply to
Martin Brown