DIY snow?

I appreciate that there's more to snow cannons then just spraying water into cold air but has anyone tried their pressure washer as a snow machine in this cold weather? ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

I don't have a pressure washer and there's over a foot of the white stuff on the ground outside as it is - I don't need any more ;-)

Google found this one:

which needs an air compressor as well as a pressure washer.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules

Quick! Patent it before someone else does. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

Well ...

I have both

but its now too warm outside

And I'm nice and warm inside ...

Reply to
geoff

Never tried it, but I can tell you that a blast from around 4' away using a wide angle nozzle is incredibly cold. Great on those really hot & muggy summer days. A wide angle nozzle produces very small water droplets & accelerates them through the air at around 300mph.

I think commercial ice cube machines work on this principle, spraying fine jets onto a very cold surface.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Having just tried it I can confirm that -3.5C *isn't* cold enough for the droplets to fall back as ice or snow.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

They showed one of the snow making machines at an XScape on the Heston Blumenthal Christmas special. IIRC if had a fine spray of water that was mixed with a jet of cold air. That produced snow. Of course Heston being Heston was putting Blackcurrant cordial into the machine in an attempt to make blackcurrant flavoured snow.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

Got to be better than yellow snow.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Lemon meringue? Mmmmm ...

Reply to
Bruce

In message , Bruce writes

Just watch out for the "99"s

Reply to
geoff

Owain wibbled on Saturday 02 January 2010 16:29

Switzerland)

Reply to
Tim W

weather that we did.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Tim Streater wibbled on Saturday 02 January 2010 22:50

Well, it was the middle of Summer :)

35C down at the bottom. Freezing with loads of snow up the top, which was bloody wonderful after 35C!

I want to go one more time, when the kids are a bit bigger and can appreciate it. Not a cheap country to visit, but one of the best in my book.

Reply to
Tim W

That chap needs to see a Doctor, three streams?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Dave Liquorice wibbled on Saturday 02 January 2010 23:16

Heh..

Maybe a deeply symbolic representation of the unity of peoples of 3 tongues? In which case there should be perhaps at least one little drip for the Romansch speakers too?

At least he's paying attention to the job in hand - expect nothing less from a Swiss person :)

Reply to
Tim W

Rissoles?

Reply to