DIY piano moving

Page 2 of 2

Tim Mitchell wrote:

you 'um it son ... I'll play it.
Nick

Ahh, they don't make them like that any more.
--
Tim Mitchell

As one is likely to damage the piano, oneself or both, I'd concur unless the foreman was called Frederick and was given to using the exclamation, "Right!"...
On the other hand, a smashed piano is likely to suit one's neighbours.
--
< Paul >

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:44:58 +0100, "Paul C. Dickie"

The eponymous Fred was Fred Dibnah, a feller of chimneys who favoured the use of burning tyres and pallets, because no-one would trust the cack-handed pillock with anything more hazardous than a bonfire night sparkler.
Not a good role model.
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 18:57:59 +0100, Peter Twydell

So it was !
There was also a late-70s - 1980ish remake of this, with Fed Dibnah references. I didn't know there was an earlier original version.

You're making me - and probably many of us - feel very old :-(
Mary

There's a terrible joke that's probably even older than anyone on this ng: Why is a woman like a piano?
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!