DIY Loft Conversion

You haven't quite got it, have you?

Planning permission ain't usually needed for internal structural alterations - like say taking down a wall between two rooms. But building regs apply. So the safest way is to ask your BCO what's required before starting and get him to check at stages throughout the work. If the work is complex, he'll almost certainly require calculations from a structural engineer.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No I haven't, as I'm not into electric caber tossing.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

In article , Doctor Evil writes

So you always need both do you? :-)

Reply to
David

No they don't. There are many things for which planning permission is needed but not building regulation approval and similarly many where BR approval is required but not planning permission.

You do understand the difference between them don't you?

Reply to
Peter Parry

Oh a quiz.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I think you'll find you actually have a certain time to begin work (though not to finish it) or else if stricter regs have been introduced in the meantime there will apply instead.

For Part P you had to finish it as well and it was pretty short (finish by April 2005 or else) but usually I think it's three years to start and then fairly indefinite to finish.

Reply to
Mike

Usually the case but if you recall we all had to finish our electrical work before April 1st this year to avoid the taking the 'P'iss regs.

Reply to
Mike

Given you never actually answer direct questions, do you know what that means?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Doctor Evil writes

Ah bless, he doesn't

Reply to
David

In article , Mike writes

Are you not getting confused with planning permission as well?

Reply to
David

Nope.

Reply to
Mike

Definition

quiz [Show phonetics] noun [C] plural quizzes

1 a game or competition in which you answer questions: a history/sport, etc. quiz
Reply to
Doctor Evil

What are the prizes in this quiz? What are the rules? I'm not entering until I know all these.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Prize is a pair of tickets to the Premiere of the new uk.d-i-y film of the year

"Four Combis and a Hacksaw"

You'd like it.

It's a comedy.

Reply to
RichardS

Seven Boilers For Seven Bathtubs

Kind Hearts and Combiboilers

They Died With Their Boilers On

Three Combis: White

And some soundtracks from the movies:

The First Cut is the Leakiest

Another Flue in the Wall

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It know the one, it stars Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise and Kevin Cosner. A great film indeed.

What are the rules?

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Ice Cold in Alex

The Long Wait

Boiler room

Gas

Gas House

Plumb Crazy

Plumb Goofy

Once a Plumber

The Plumber Does a Little Plumbing

Plumber of Seville

So You Want to Be a Plumber

When We Called the Plumber In

Pipe Dream

The day of the combi's (I made the last one up but the rest are legit!)

Reply to
Vic

Lousy prizes. It that all you can do?

Reply to
Doctor Evil

LOL! classic...

The Michael Cain classic: The Cheap Kress File

At bit satirical: Boilers for Combine

Prehistoric plumbing: Jurassic Pipe

Dimm does toilets: Close Encounters of the Turd Kind

6 liters per minute: As Good As It Gets

He fixed the central heating: My Best Friend's Wading

Taking advice on water treatment from Dimm or Drivel: Dumb and Dumber

Reply to
John Rumm

Poor attempt 2/10. Try getting some wit lessons.

Reply to
Doctor Evil