DIY Gadgets

Only if you paint them with a crap brush.

Reply to
Ric

Anyone with sense would instantly push on a full bore valve, or have all your pipework pre-fabricated and ready, freeze and install in a matter of a few minutes using compression or brass push fit joints.

Reply to
IMM

But doesn't leave both hands free...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Pig sheds do.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

That's not a new gadget!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Andy Dingley" wrote | >I use a bit of scrap paper folded up stuck with lo tac | >adheshive (top of a Post-it or masking tape) cost | >pennies, if that. | You're missing the main function of "gadgets" here - | they're for selling, not for using.

They're for buying as presents, so we get given things at birthdays and christmases about which we can say "thank you dear, that will come in useful" without being too dishonest. Gadgets are the only things between us and incompetent present-givers and never-ending socks and musical underpants.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

True, whilst I find it OK to manage having someone else to hold the cleaner does make it easier.

Sam

Reply to
Sam

I know this used to be a big problem with budget brushes, but Ive found the 11p toolstation ones to be quite ok, and not shed. Ridiculously cheap!

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

I'd have thought a never-ending sock could be classed as a gadget.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Only if you've got a never-ending foot to put in it!

Reply to
Set Square

In message , Mary Fisher writes

I still can't get over the novelty though

Reply to
raden

Don't give Spouse ideas.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I _have_ a never-ending sock. It's actually a knitted Klein bottle. Bit of a bugger if you store it in the sock drawer though.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

That and twenty-four garages with soft toys and a few wilting carnations.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

So, what really useful stuff should we have on our Xmas lists? My usual problem is that if I want it and it is affordable, I've probably bought it, otherwise it is too expensive for a present.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

What's a Klein bottle?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'm the same. I don't want anything I don't need and have everything I need.

Except more time ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Mary Fisher writes

Is it on your side ?

Reply to
raden

In message , Mary Fisher writes

A two dimensional mobius strip

google would be you friend for life here

Reply to
raden

er ... thanks.

I think ...