Disguising a cracked sink

I have found a surface hairline crack in my ceramic kitchen sink, probably caused by an impact with a heavy cast iron saucepan. Does anyone know of any method of disguising or repairing it ? It is about

4" long and quite noticeable.
Reply to
Anna

You could probably disguise it by fitting a pair of joke glasses & nose of the type that you see in joke shops :-)

They're very cheap !.

woodglass

Reply to
woodglass

I dont think theres any way to disguise it, no, other than make the lighting bad.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I once had a small chip in the surface of a new wash basin. Armitage-Shanks merely said it couldn't be done. So I rubbed a tiny bit of gloss paint in and that stopped me ever thinking of it again - until today (nearly 20 years later!). You might find one of those special bath repair kits worth a try.

On the other hand I might be concerned that the crack will spread so perhaps it might be worth seeing if your insurance will cover it.

Edgar

Reply to
Edgar Iredale

Use caustic soda and bleach to keep it stain free and live with it.

Or replace the sink.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ignore it! You could try the insurers, as someone suggested, but it might come within your excess.

There's been a hairline crack in our wc pan all the time we've lived here, can't think why a saucepan could have made contact with it ...

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher