Demolition - and demolition is DIY related

Demolished to make way for a wind farm.

Reply to
alan_m

Are you sure that's not from inside the Hatton Garden Safe Deposit ?

"CCTV do not switch off"

michael adams

michael adams

A couple of wires on the left hand side jerry rigged with white insulation tape, possibly squeezed between the base panel and the side (or a hole)?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Erm.. aren't the incoming supplies supposed to use the same entry point?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , ARW writes

Apart from what looks like white tape, shouldn't the fuses be labelled? Perhaps there is a 'map' inside the door.

Reply to
News

Phase and neutral in different holes through ferrous metal?

"Danger Live" label not compliant with BS Safety Signs and Symbols?

Nowhere to plug the kettle in?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

At a quick glance... the 3ph & N entering vis separate holes in the metal enclosure (and leaving the switch below) - can't see any slot cut to eliminate circulating eddy currents in the box or gland plate.

Lack of labelling (unless that's on the inside of the door)

Lose wires flapping about in the breeze when ideally they ought to be terminated to earth.

Anything else I have missed?

Reply to
John Rumm

Hospital, I'd bet?..

Reply to
tony sayer

Yes and yes.

It was the phases and neutrals going through different holes.

So well done to those that spotted it.

The place has no working 230V or 110V sockets!

It took me 3 days to sort out all the disboards and isolators with this problem.

The board does have a correct schedule of circuits behind the door.

Reply to
ARW

:-))))

Deffo Ferrybridge.. I was there a week before the fire. When I signed in at the gatehouse the security guy asked for my mobile number because

1) If there was a fire that building is not linked to the fire alarm so he would call me so that I could go to the fire assembly point and swipe my badge to say that I was safe.

2) I was fitting a lone worker alarm station whilst working alone and he needed to check that I was OK every 30 minutes or so if he did not see me on the CCTV (working at heights)

Reply to
ARW

Is that that odd problem with eddy currents?. Wasn't there a debate re that here recently?...

Reply to
tony sayer

In message , tony sayer writes

Also, from my very dim and distant past.... the company where I was an apprentice manufactured motor control panels. One of the issues the designers faced was the mechanical forces induced between bus-bars under fault conditions.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

How would that work, I watched Gorky Park with Swedish subtitles and every time them meantioned alcohol as in beer the swedish translation came back as whiskey !

Reply to
whisky-dave