Cutting hefty floor tiles

I am laying some hefty porcelain floor tiles and i am not sure my TS4

will cope as they are about 8mm thick. Is there another bigger machine that will snap them? I want to avoi using the disc cutter because of the time and mess

-- freddyuk

Reply to
freddyuk

Make a jig that you can adjust for a variety of sizes design it to allow you to run the grinder along the back of the tile. Scribe the top of th tiles with your cutter then grind the back a little deeper.

I believe that the ordinary tile cutter will do the job as is but I always found breaking them a chore. And there is less chance of flash or whatever a rough edge is called forming if you score the back too.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer