Cutout temperature of a front-mounting tumble Dryer thermostat?

Hi All further to my posting on wall mounting a Tumble dryer...

I have determined the problem with the original compact model - one of the thermostats had gone O/C. This is not one of the two thermostats mounted at the rear, but is mounted at the front, at the rim edge of the drum housing.

The spares suppliers (if they stock it) list it as an 'energy save' thermostat. In this case it is a 'Therm-o-disc' model 36TXE21.

Thing is, these things cost around =A320 from the aforementioned suppliers - and I know that you can buy such a thermostat for only two or three quid from electrical component suppliers. The only reason not to is that I don't know the cutoff temperature.

I've bitten the bullet and paid the =A320 in this case ... but I'd be interested if anyone knows what sort of cut-off temperature these front thermostats are likely to work at?

FWIW the manufactured range runs from 160degrees(C). I believe the rear thermostats cut out at around 120degrees(C) [resettable] to 140degrees(C) [one-shot].

(The markings on my particular thermostat are: 36TXE21 12681 L49-14C S0318)

Thanks Mr. Cheapskate...

Reply to
jkn

show us a pic of wher eit is, then there'll be much more likelihood of a somewhat informed guess.

NT

Reply to
NT