Creda tumble dryer - how fto open up

Can anyone tell me how to open up a Creda 37275 compact tumble dryer in order to fit a new belt. I've undone every screw I can see but still can't get the casing off. What am I missing?
Tom L.
Please reply to the newsgroup as I don't give a genuine email address as I'm inundated with spam from the last time I did that ;-(
order to

am I

If it's anything like my full size Creda, you need to undo the ones you can't see as well. More or less every fastener that exists on the beast has to be undone so that it dissembles itself into its constituent parts and spreads over the floor like a hot air balloon collapsing. Crap really - I don't think they expect anyone to actually mend them. When I bought the belt the man said "oh it's no good telling me the model number, they're different from machine to machine - you'll have to bring the old one in". Got there in the end though, so persevere!
--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

has
belt
different
in
We have a Bendix tumbler (could be about 20 or so years old by now!)
I needed to dismantle it a couple of years ago 'cos SWMBO smelled singeing everytime she used it. I got the top/sides off (one whole square inverted U-shaped pressing) whereupon the remains completely collapsed onto the floor!
Cleaned out *LOTS* (and I mean *LOTS*) of fluff/lint/crud/scary stuff from it, and with all five arms and three legs re-assembled it :-)
How on earth these things are mass produced on a production line is beyond me! They should be banned!
--
snipped-for-privacy@theobviousdsl.pipex.com
Thanks for the advice, Bob & Paul. The key is the fact that the top & sides are one piece and do lift away from the front & innards after removing the screws at the bottom (but NOT the ones holding front bottom to innards), removing the 2 s/ts and 2 bolts behind the door and just slackening the 4 holding the door hinge. These last 6 pinch a bracket on to flanges on the sides of the case. After that, a lot of jiggling frees the sides/top unit. New belt now fitted (8.23), huge amounts of high-grade fluff removed and all appears OK (for another 25 years?!)