Countdown time switch

I think the old ZN1034 precision timer chip was good for this sort of thing. Not sure if it's still available, but may be worth a look.

J^n

Reply to
jkn

The CMOS version of the 555 - the 7555 - can do this sort of time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The last time I looked, RS Components had a huge range of timers. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Reply to
Huge

No doubt Lord Armstrong offers a hydraulic equivalent too, or something new-fangled with the power of steam. No need to be so retro as to use a 555.

Besides which, a 555 will be an abysmally unpredictable timer over hours and a 7555 even worse.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

In the end, I went for the following timer, which is quite a nice little unit...

it from CPC (did find it a bit cheaper elsewhere, but it was too easy to just add it onto an existing CPC order).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel