Cooker hood wiring again!

Hello,
Sorry for another post about this, please bear with me.
My goal is to install the following cooker hood with no visible wiring and be able to isolate it for changing bulbs/filters safely.
http://www.boschappliances.co.uk/productdetail.asp?type=CK&cat=Hoods&grp=Chimney+Hood&product_ref=DKE%20975%20B
My current thinking, thanking all those who replied last time, is:
Install an unswitched 13amp socket behind the chimney into which the hood will be plugged in. This socket is then wired to the nearest double socket on my kitchen ring circuit via a visible 20amp DP switch.
Questions:
1. Is a 20amp DP switch safe to use like this? 2. Can I place the 20amp DP switch directly into the ring circuit, just like I would with an FCU? 3. I don't really like the unswitched 13amp socket behind the hood, what with steam and heat, etc.
Has anybody installed a similar cooker hood with no visible wiring? If so how did you do it!
This is driving me mad!
Thanks,
John

There was an existing 13 amp single socket above the cupboards in the kitchen; when we took the cupboards down I moved the socket to be hidden behind the chimney as you describe, and plugged the extractor in there. The single (switched) socket is itself a spur from a double socket behind the cooker. No problems with damp or steam so far - and the kitchen gets pretty steamy, even with the extractor hood!
nathan
clowes snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Ian Clowes) wrote in message

Which includes not putting it where you'll drill through the wall for the extractor, BTW!
HTH IanC
Hi,
I am doing a similar thing. Was thinking of using a weather-proof plug and socket, or just chopping off the molded plug and feeding the flux thru the side of the chimney to an FSO.
Bax