Connecting to plastic sewer intercept

Hi,

Just a case of making sure I have all the bits before I start:

My pit is one of those black plastic circular jobbies with a couple of pipes connecting in and one out at the bottom. The rest of the ports have what look like blanks plugged in.

There are 2 ports each side, one straight in and one straight out

Is adding another connection just a case of: pull out blanking plug from an unused port from the outside and shove 110mm pipe in? Or do I need a seals kit or some sort of joint block?

Never done one before...

I'm not sure of the make - it's not a Floplast as it doesn't look like their pictures. Their ones clearly are ready to take 110 pipe.

Cheers,

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts

Just prise out the blank(s) Or tap out with hammer from inside. There is normally a seal already in place. The pipe just pushes in as with the other joints. I came across one once that was intended to glue/solvent weld but I haven't seen one for years.

BTW, These chambers are usually intended to be surrounded with concrete when everything is connected up. Check manufacturers destructions.

Reply to
harry

On Monday 15 April 2013 16:09 harry wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Thanks :)

Mine are not in concrete - just 10mm shingle - I saw them go in 3 years ago.

Not really a problem as they are not subject to traffic (in the back lawn) but I will run some weak concrete around the sides under the lid ring as the lids wobble a bit.

Reply to
Tim Watts