concrete floor replacement

I want to get quotes to rip up and cart away my concrete kitchen floor and replace it with a new one with d.p.c. It's 4m x 3m. What sort of ball-park quotes should I expect? Thanks, Dave

Reply to
tiscali

Should be able to break that up in a day with a couple of people and a lad to carry the stuff away..and a skip..£400?

Laying a new one..£600?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just did a similar floor in a kitchen that I was going to be fitting. I paid the people =A3500, there was =A3250 material inc dpm and kingspan insulation, and then the hire of the skip... which the client paid for as new people who worked for the company.

Alternatively spend a day with a jack hammer and a few trips with a trailer to your tip and save a few hundred pounds. Even if its layed at 100mm then its only just over a tonne to shift.

Calum Sabey NewArk Traditional Kitchens 01556 690544

Reply to
calums

similar to what? That's the problem with snipping to oblivion.

It's mighty frothy concrete if 1.2 cubic metres of it weighs just over a tonne. Easy check - see if the first lump floats.

Try nearly 3 tonnes.

Reply to
Autolycus

Yeah, and I'm sick of carting rubble. Just want the job done.

Reply to
tiscali