Completely non DIY - Bathrooms!

How much is the average for refitting and retiling a normal sized bathroom from a standard supplier? Rough ballpark figure?

The present tiles (about 4-5inches square) are everywhere, I want these removed, the walls will probably have to have some TLC, and a new suite fitted and walls retiled.

Reply to
huLLy

About 3 years back, Dolphin quoted me £13k for this. It dropped to £9k after I stopped laughing.

I did it myself for about £3500.

(More money for radios)

Reply to
Brian Reay

What are all the exact sizes and areas in this room?

What type of TLC are you talking about on the walls?

Where about in the UK are you?

Are you supplying all the materials separately, or do want them supplied by the contractor?

Are they using their own tools, or are you supplying them as well?

What type plumbing is already there, and will it need upgrading, moved, replaced or altered to suit the new suite?

To many questions, and not enough answers. :-)

It's a wide thing to try and price a job you can't see or don't know all the ins and outs of.

Reply to
BigWallop

Hi Brian,

Heck, I just requested a Dolphin catalogue!

Most suites seem to be in the range of 300-600 quid, where's the rest go? (A day to strip out, a day to install, two days to tile.. am I missing something here?!)

Reply to
huLLy

About 9 feet by 7 feet. The room used to be 2 (WC was in a narrow partition, but this has been removed. The negative side to this is that there is a downpipe, encased in a wooden 'box', where the partition wall used to be..

Nothing much, just removal of the old tile adhesive..

Near Gatwick Airport

Be nice to have everything supplied, but lots of suppliers here.. I just need the job done quickly, as I have a large family :)

I'd assume they brought their own.

I'd like a little bit of alteration, like to move things around a little, but is price dependant.

Yeah, sorry!

Reply to
huLLy
[27 lines snipped]

One word; don't.

Reply to
Huge

Not a good idea, it is on shiney paper so no good for bumpf recycling ;-)

Well that depends on the suite. We wanted a particular bath, which has a curved glass shower screen etc. Add a fancy MIRA electric shower, taps, dual heat towel rail (£300 alone), bidet, and it soon mounts up. I seem to recall the local plumber's merchant bill for most materials, less tiles etc, was over £2k.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian Reay

On 19 Dec 2004 15:11:40 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) strung together this:

And another; ever.

Reply to
Lurch

A couple of years ago I had the bathroom completely refitted (Armitage Shanks kit), and retiled by a local firm for about £4.5k.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Cheers, Frank.. that doesn't sound too ghastly!

I'm fed up with the naff design of my bath that carefully channels the water from having a shower and dumps it on to the floor.. (the floorboard has gone rotten now!)

Reply to
huLLy

Just had the bathroom and ensuite done in my house. Approximate costs below;

Bathroom (remove existing suite and replace with new. Remove all wall tiles and replace with floor to ceiling tiling. Put 6mm plywood on floor and tile Replace radiator with towel rad. Decorate. All works except for the painting was done by one man).

Suite £500.00 Tiles £120.00 (cheapo white tiles to walls and B&Q floor tiles) Other materials £550.00 Towel rad £59.00 Mirrors £200.00 Labour £1,600.00 Decoration about £100.00 (part of a larger job)

Ensuite (remove existing shower, toilet and basin, remove all tiles and shower partition wall.. Fit bath, toilet and basin in new positions, which meant new connection outside to soil stack for toilet. Fit new towel rad. Tile floor to ceiling. 6mm plywood to floor and tile over.

Suite £299.00 Thermostatic bath/shower mixer £70.00 (off eBay) Towel rad £59.00 Tiles £400.00 (more expensive ones this time). Materials £470.00 Labour £1,800.00 Decoration again about £100.00

Both jobs went (luckily) very well. There was a lot less agro having just one person doing everything rather than trying to get different trades in to do the various jobs.

Ash

Reply to
Ash