Comedy of Energy

They've been sussed!

PeterC

Unusual to hear news people get anywhere near that real

NT

Reply to
meow2222

That's what I thought - but it ain't Monday yet!

Reply to
PeterC

It's The Register not some tabloid propaganda rag, stories on The Register are generally better written/researched than the mainstream papers. It's also a story having a go at the spin coming from HMG which they really enjoy.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On the face of it, a scheme that scavenges 30 tonnes of fat per day from the sewers and burns it to power the sewage works, a desalination plant, and supplies heating to the neighbourhood sounds like a good idea ...

"Our renewable power and heat from waste oils and fats is fully sustainable. When Thames doesn't need our output, it will be made available to the grid"

Except, Of course, their version of "fully sustainable" means supported by renewables incentive payments.

Reply to
Andy Burns