Combined Occupancy / Dimmer Switch

Hi, having just had 9 x 50 watt downlighters installed in my kitchen I am keen to try to ensure that they are not left on any longer than requred, also that they can be dimmed down to the required level. Does anyone know of a combined occupancy & dimmer wall switch?. If there is no such thing, is it possible to use an occupancy switch in conjunction with a dimmer?

cheers

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel

I bet you could replace them with 20W ones and notice no loss in lighting.

That way you wouldn't need a dimmer at all.

Just a thought.

Pete

--

- for all your gym and fitness equipment.

Reply to
gymratz

I can't see any reason why you couldn't rig up your own, but i'd over- rate the relay doing the switching.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

best option is a switchbank.

meow2222

I find that sort of reply strange - as it applies to anywhere you might want a dimmer.

If all that's needed is working light a central fluorescent strip light is ideal. Some care about aesthetics, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not when your shadow falls on the work ...

Reply to
Huge

How about using X10?

I'm using a wireless X10 PIR and a micro X10 module behind the switch to automatically turn on & off my kitchen halogens - in my case 8x35w bulbs though.

There is micro dimmer that doesn't require a neutral connection available also:

(Note you'd also need the PIR and a radio reciever to pass the signal onto the mains)

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

But surely if efficiency is all that's needed you'd have everything painted white?

But you'd need a lot of spotlights to make absolutely sure there are no shadows anywhere in the work area...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You have to be *very* fat to cast a significant shadow from (say) a

5ft fluorescent.
Reply to
tinnews

Look at the name...;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

switchbank.http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Dimmers_%26_Switchbanks>> NT

A 3 position switch is much preferable to 2x 2 position ones, the latter works just as well to select off / pir / always on but people never really get used to it. Too non-intuitive.

NT

Reply to
meow2222